On Wednesday I dragged my ass out of bed super early in the morning (like 5 am early) and hopped on my broom so that I could stand fourth in line in front of the Home Affairs building in Barrack Street, Cape Town ... for an entire hour! Precisely two hours later I walked out of Home Affairs with wet hands, leaving a broken soap dispenser and pink liquid all over their floor, embarrassed but content that in about 10 days I will be the proud holder of a passport. This is the first step in my commitment to (at least temporarily) shaking the dust of this country from my feet. And can I just say, if what you seek is service with a smile, Home Affairs S.A in Barrack Street, Cape Town is not the place for you!
The plans of action has been set in motion. I have started doing my drivers lessons and although at times it can be quite traumatising (I normally forget left from right, I forget certain important things like what to do with my handbrake, I cause tiny would-be accidents and then hyperventilate behind the wheel while trying not to cry), all-in-all I think I'm doing alright!
No comments:
Post a Comment